Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Dessert Fruit Pizza

I looked a couple of recipes for fruit pizza before I decided on this one

Ingredients:
(Not included:  Information on the cookie base.  I used a cookie mix and you can too, or the original recipe uses a homemade recipe.)

1 jars (13 Ounces Each) Marshmallow Creme
1 packages (8 Ounces Each) Cream Cheese
Various kinds of fruit (I used blueberries, kiwi and strawberries)

Directions:

Mix marshmallow creme and cream cheese until light.
Spread onto cooled crust
Decorate the top generously with sliced fruit.
Slice into squares or wedges and serve.



All in all, it turned out pretty tasty.  I had to make it gluten-free for a gathering I was attending, so I think if it hadn't been gluten free, it would have been even better.  Gluten free cookies are kind of dense compared to regular sugar cookies.  I think I will make this again with a regular sugar cookie mix and see how it turns out.

I looked in a couple different places for a gluten free sugar cookie mix and couldn't find one.  I ended up using a gluten free chocolate chip mix.  I realize now that I was looking in the wrong stores.  Next time I will go to our Community Mercantile, which always has what I'm looking for.  I used the ingredients below for the gluten free cookie recipe, but the original recipe calls for using sugar cookies. 

The cookie turned out very nicely though:


I then gathered the ingredients for the topping:



I mixed them together and it formed a very nice topping.  Not overwhelmingly sweet, but just sweet enough.


I smeared it on the cookie once it was cool.  Below you can see that I left a small edge at the end of the pan to make it easier to get the cookie out at the end.


Next I got out my fruit:


I sliced it up and placed it on top.  Then I cut up the pizza into little pieces for easy sharing:

1 comment:

  1. They were pretty tasty and I was pleasantly surprised by the chocolate chipness.

    ReplyDelete