Sunday, March 4, 2012

Overnight French Toast

Another recipe via Pinterest, Overnight French Toast turned out wonderfully!  The original source is here.  This is delicious and easy!  I love that I could make it the night before and in the morning, I popped it in the oven and was able to do other things before my guests arrived.

Ingredients
1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 loaf French Bread
4 eggs
1 1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Powdered sugar for sprinkling


The original recipe called for Texas Toast but I couldn't find any, so I used French bread, which I think probably worked better.  I used half the amount of brown sugar (the recipe called for 1 cup) and I think next time I'll use half the butter.

1. Melt butter in microwave & add brown sugar....stir till mixed.
2. Pour butter/sugar mix into bottom of 9 x 13 pan....spread around


3. Beat eggs, milk, & vanilla
4. Lay single layer of French Bread in pan
5. Spoon 1/2 of egg mixture on bread layer
6. Add 2nd layer of Texas Toast
7. Spoon on remaining egg mixture


8. Cover & chill in fridge overnight
9. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes
10. Sprinkle with powdered sugar


11. Serve with warm maple syrup


This turned out SO GOOD.  I will definitely make it again. :)  My spectator agrees!

4 comments:

  1. So for the first time ever, I'm looking at this super tasty recipe on a blog and I don't have to think "wow, I wonder what that tastes like" because IT'S IN MAH BELLY!! Muwah ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I'm glad you guys gave me an excuse to try it out! Thanks for coming over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was even still great on the second day. Awesome success!

    ReplyDelete