Friday, March 23, 2012

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Monster Cookies

This recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies. 

Let me start off by saying that I think this particular recipe is subject to debate.  If you like chewy cookies that stay soft then this is the cookie for you.  By that description, I thought it would be the cookie for me but it wasn't really.  I don't think they're bad, but I'm not tempted by them.  That said, my husband loves them.
Ingredients

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, slightly softened
1 1/2 cups creamy natural peanut butter, well-mixed
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
About 1 cup chocolate candies or other mix-ins
(I used chocolate chips, but you can use M&Ms or candy bars or nuts or all of the above.)


Preheat your oven to 350F.

I like to prepare everything ahead of time so it's easier when I start mixing so, I had four bowls of things ready to go:


Eggs and vanilla


Oatmeal


Mix-ins (chocolate chips)

Butter, peanut butter, and sugars

First, mix together the butter, peanut butter, and sugars, then add in eggs and vanilla.


Beat in baking soda, then oatmeal and mix-ins.

Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and place the the mixture in balls about 2 inches apart. 
Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes or until done. 


Remove from oven when slightly golden.


Let cool on the sheets for a few minutes until they have firmed up enough to remove to wire racks.


I probably won't make these again, but they're not bad.  They're just really...chewy.

No comments:

Post a Comment