Saturday, March 3, 2012

Fruit Fail

So I decided to try out this too good to be true dehydrated Strawberry recipe from Pinterest.  The idea is to bake Strawberries at a low temperature for about three hours and you'll end up with something wonderful!

Um...not so much.

I took a lovely bunch of Strawberries:


Rinsed them, cut them up and placed them on a lightly sprayed pan (Olive Oil Pam).  It said to salt & pepper them, but that did not sound good at all, so I skipped that step.

They started out like this:


And ended up like this:



It's not even close to the wonderful picture showed.  So...I tried again.  I thought, well, maybe spraying the pan was bad and salting is the key step.  Um...no again.

I started out with this: (Note how I only used a couple of Strawberries this time.)



And I ended up with this:




It definitely dried them out, in a yucky, slimy sort of way.  I'm not all that upset about this, mostly because I thought this experience was a waste of Strawberries to begin with.  It's possible that my oven (which is very old) isn't running at the right temps anymore, but I'm pretty sure that's not it.

Don't waste your time with this one.  I took them out of the oven the second time and set them on top to cool off so I could throw them away and my husband came in chewing one with a disgusted look on his face.  I don't know why he tried them, but that expression said it all.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you take pictures during your process! They do look pretty gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And they were pretty gross. :)

    ReplyDelete