Saturday, February 25, 2012

Secret Hallow Book

Being a new mother, I decided that I would make a concerted effort this year to do a few things, including wearing more jewelry (of which I have a ton and often run out of the house in the morning without wearing), cooking and making crafts.  Of course, I cook all the time.  My husband and I take turns making dinner, but the goal is to make new recipes rather than things I make all the time.

My first craft was a secret hallow book. First, I got my supplies together.

 

Then I glued the pages together with a mixture of Elmer's glue and water. After a couple of coats, I put something in between the glued pages and the non-glued pages to keep them separate and then put something heavy on it to weigh it down while it dried.


My son & cat helped with the project:

Then I cut out all the pages a few at a time. This took a long time and I made a huge mess:



And finally, I was done!


I have no idea what to do with it. LOL.If you want to make one of your own, there are directions here.

2 comments:

  1. The only entry I've read thus far, but I'm already excited about your blog! Good entry.

    ReplyDelete