Sunday, February 26, 2012

My bulbs are sprouting!

I'm SO excited that my bulbs are blooming.





Last year, my husband & I moved into our townhouse when I was about 4 months pregnant.  I had been keeping a container garden for years in whatever apartment patio I had at the time.  But this was the first time, I was able to plant flowers and plants in the ground.  I was really excited, however, I had no idea how hard it would be.  The ground was really hard mostly due to the fact that it filled with rocks and weeds and sticks and a couple of inches down there was a layer of black plastic.  It was the most horrible thing to try and plant in.  I actually ended up digging up several railroad ties that someone buried under the layer of rocks.  It was unbelievable.  After I dug everything out and laid down some mulch, it actually turned out really nicely.

Anyway, due to the time frame we moved I wasn't able to plant bulbs last year, but I did plant a few other plants that turned out beautifully:




I can't wait to see how the flowers turn out this year!

2 comments:

  1. I was extremely impressed by the amount of work you had to put into last year's garden (while pregnant, no less!), and even more amazed by how beautiful it turned out. You really put your heart into it. You're still prettier than all the flowers on Earth, though.

    ReplyDelete