Saturday, February 25, 2012

Lite Strawberry Cupcakes

Lately, I've been cruising Pinterest on a regular basis when I'm feeding my almost four month old baby son.  It's a fun way to get ideas and I have a ton.  Some of them I will likely never complete, but a lot of them I definitely will. 

One of the ideas I found on Pinterest was Lite Strawberry Cupcakes.  It's very easy. (I was starting out the cooking new things goal very small. Hee.)

The recipe is:

Less than 100 calories each. Replace all ingredients on package with 12oz Diet 7-up and bake as directed.
 

I made two batches.  One I used real icing because YUM, but that defeated the whole point of healthy and it made them almost too sweet.  The second batch I used fat free cool whip as the topping and it was pretty good.  Not that sweet and a real light treat. The picture below is the batch with the icing.



My husband, Doug, loved them. People at work had next to no interest in so-called healthy cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment