Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pasta Salad



This is my friend indie's recipe (Girlie Review).  I thought I didn't like pasta salad until I tried hers.  YUM.  It's delicious and she deserves all the credit.

Ingredients:


  • 1 box of pasta (I usually use whole wheat, but I really like the tri-color rotini because it adds color.  This time I used low carb pasta, but you can use whichever kind you like the best.)
  • Veggies and other additions:  You can really put in whatever you want.  I usually use 2 cans of artichoke hearts, 2 cans of sliced olives, celery, and cucumber (which I forgot this time).  Sometimes I throw in tomatoes and indie sometimes puts in cubes of cheese. 
  • Italian dressing (I usually use Olive Garden Italian dressing, but you can use any kind you like.  I want to say indie uses Kraft Italian, but I'm not positive.)

Directions:

Boil pasta, drain and let cool.



Wash and chop up all the veggies, put them together in a bowl with the pasta and put in Italian dressing



I don’t have a measurement for the dressing.  I put some in and stir it up and then put the bowl of everything in the frig.  Usually, I let it sit overnight to cool and soak in the dressing and then in the morning when you taste it, you’ll find that most of the dressing has been soaked up by the noodles and you can barely taste it.  Put more on, stir it up and eat. 


Fantastic dish!  This is perfect for potlucks, picnics, BBQ, or lazy weekends at home.  It's delicious and a fave at every event - if you aren't my husband. LOL.  He doesn't like it.  But then he doesn't like a lot of the ingredients either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment